2017 Privacy & Technology Law Institute
October 20, 2017
State Bar of Georgia Conference Center
REGISTRATION AND SIGN-UP DETAILS COMING SOON!
Please save the date for the biggest Privacy and Technology Institute ever! Two tracks of programming, covering more than 10 different cutting-edge issues allow you to customize your experience. Mix and match from areas as diverse as blockchain, bioethics, and emerging cybersecurity issues, and attend keynote addresses by nationally-recognized thought leaders Peter Swire and Peter Kinsella, who will share their insights on the constantly changing world of privacy and technology. Don’t miss this unique opportunity to attend the most useful educational experience of the year for privacy and technology professionals.
Please mark your calendars now – information on how to register for this event to follow!
Registration: 7:15-7:45 a.m.
Program: 8 a.m-4:45 p.m.
Topics & Speakers
- The Big Picture on Privacy and Cybersecurity for Technology Lawyers
Keynote by Peter Swire
- Practical Contracting Considerations in Infosec/Privacy
Don Riddick, TSYS
- Beyond Breach: Current Departures in Cybersecurity Incidents and Response
Panel: Jon Neiditz, Kilpatrick Townsend; Will Bracker, Cox Communications; David Stainback, PwC
- The Ethics of Bioethics: A Discussion of Current Issues and Trends
Prof. Leslie Wolf, GSU; Rachel Hulkower, CDC
- Ethical Negotiations in Technology Transactions
Jim Steinberg & Joshua Ganz, Kilpatrick Townsend
- Oral Argument’: Live Podcast Show – A ‘Law and Tech’ Conversation
Profs. Joe Miller & Christian Turner, UGA
- Cyber Security and Privacy Trends and Threats from the Federal Trade Commission's Perspective
Gideon Sinasohn, FTC
- Protection & Legal Issues Surrounding APIs, Interfaces and Inter-System Data Transfers
Paul Arne, Morris Manning & Martin
- Children’s Privacy for Business
Michael Young, Alston & Bird
- Blockchain and The Law
Panel: David Teske & Lauren Giles, Alston & Bird; Jeremiah Gibber, IBM; Jack Shaw, American Blockchain Council
- Advanced Contracting Issues In The Cloud
Keynote by Peter Kinsella, Perkins Coie
- Cybersecurity and Data Protection for Solo Practitioners and Small Law Practices
Charlie Britt, Cox Communications; Al Leach, Alston & Bird
- Privacy and Technology Federal and State Law Update
Prof. Sarah Shalf, Emory; Daniel Tan & Daniel Shuminer, Emory Law
Credits: Up to 6 General CLE, 1 Professionalism, and 1 Ethics credits