The Technology Law Section hosted its annual Holiday Celebration at Sweetwater Brewery on December 11th of 2014. The event was catered by Community BBQ.
The Technology Law Section hosted the 29th annual Technology Law Institute on October 24th of 2014. The event was broadcasted via videoconference to the Coastal Georgia Office (Savannah) and the South Georgia Office (Tifton) of the State Bar of Georgia.
Topics covered at TLI included:
• Applying Old Law to New Technologies – Innovative Products, Innovative Law
• From Blockbuster to Netflix – What's "Private" Under the Video Privacy Protection Law?
• Anatomy of a Data Breach – How a Data Breach Actually Happens
• Data Breach Crisis Management, End to End
• Recent Developments in Digital Media Advertising Law
• Electronic Health Records and Big Data – Risks and Advantages of Amassing Medical Databases
• State and Federal Technology Law Update